UPDATE 24/06/2016 21:52 – Manchester United have been given the green light to sign £50m rated James Rodriguez after the unsettled Colombian failed to cement a spot in the starting eleven last season. Rodriguez wants regular first team football and he is more likely to get that at United. It is also understood that he had put his house in Spain up for sale. Read more here.
[Original article below]
James Rodriguez has fuelled speculation of a move to Manchester United after reports have revealed he is house hunting in Manchester.
The Columbian is currently out of favour at Real Madrid under manager Zinedine Zidane and may well look for a move away from Madrid this summer. Spanish newspaper Don Balon are reporting a move to United could be on the cards.
Rodriguez signed for Madrid for £60million from Monaco two years ago after lighting up the World Cup in Brazil. Mourinho may well look to splash some of his £200million transfer war chest on the 24-year-old.
Rodriguez also shares the same agent as Jose Mourinho, Jorge Mendes, who would help facilitate the move to Old Trafford.
Reports suggest that Rodriguez is already house hunting in Manchester and will put his home in Madrid up for rent. With Colombia being knocked out of the Copa America any potential deal can now begin to take place.
Let us know what you think! Would you want Mourinho to sign Rodriguez this summer?
5 Things to know about James Rodriguez
- He won the Golden Boot at the 2014 World Cup scoring 6 goals and becoming the first Colombian to do so.
- He won the 2012 Portuguese Golden Ball, the award for the best player in the Primeira Liga.
- His wife Daniela Ospina is the Sister of Arsenal Goalkeeper David Ospina.
- He was named after James Bond even although his name is pronounced “Ha-mez”
- He was spotted at just 11 years old before being signed up by Envigado FC.